Wednesday, November 29, 2017

President Trump Needs My Three Bucks To Make America Great And I'm Letting Him Down

As the month of November is closing down, I'm going to be letting my buddy Donald down - again.  It's really not right for me to call the President of the United States by his first name. But you know what?  When he came to Worcester during the primaries, his minions were pretty firm about calling him Mr. Trump.  Mr. Trump wants us to start off with the Pledge of Allegiance - stuff like that.

So I think when he has his minions contact me, they should call me Mr. Reilly.  Donny and I grew up in the same milieu.  He is a few years older than me and lived in Queens while I lived in Fairview NJ which is right across the Hudson River from Manhattan. My father even worked in what would be one of Donny's building - 40 Wall Street.  My old man never made a lot of money.  He was a senior order clerk for Estabrook and Company, long defunct.  But if he had ever passed the test to be a rep and scored big and hadn't died when I was thirteen, he would have loaned me a couple of million to buy a good sized CPA firm after I passed the exam.  Who knows?

Anyway, you called a grownup, you didn't know Mister.  So where does he get off having his minions call me Peter?

Anyway the name thing has me going because of the message I got from the Trump Pence Make America Great Again Committee.  Here is the message I got from contact@victory.donaldtrump.com

______________________________________________________________________________

Peter,

We’re $73,108 short of our CRUCIAL November Fundraising Goal.

Our team has put together a list of top supporters in 01537, and the President just asked if we had received your November end of month contribution yet:

NOVEMBER END OF MONTH RECORD
EMAIL: peterreillycpa@gmail.com
Where: 
01537
Suggested Gift: $3

End of Month Status: PENDING

Our movement works for REAL AMERICA: hardworking men and women who have been forgotten by other administrations for too long.

If you’re ready to see an improvement in your day-to-day life, ready to lower your taxes, ready to make America STRONGER and SAFER than ever before… 


Please consider making one of the suggested contributions below before MIDNIGHTNOVEMBER 30:

CONTRIBUTE $12
CONTRIBUTE $9
CONTRIBUTE $6
CONTRIBUTE $4
CONTRIBUTE $3
CONTRIBUTE OTHER AMOUNT

Thank you,

Team Trump

 

CONTRIBUTE $3


_____________________________________________________________

I guess I should give up on the name thing.  I mean if Team Trump only expects 3 bucks from me, I guess I don't rate a Mr. Reilly.  But there is something about the message that is really bizarre.  I had to read it numerous times to make sure I read it right.  Maybe you can tell me what I am missing.
Our team has put together a list of top supporters in 01537, and the President just asked if we had received your November end of month contribution yet:
There it is the leader of the free world is taking time out of his busy day to think about me.  I wonder if it went something like this:
Damn.  We still haven't hit our goal, a very ambitious goal, not a goal anybody else could hit but we can do it.  I was just thinking.  You know Peter Reilly that CPA who writes for forbes.com.   (Those guys never get my net worth right.  They admit I am quite wealthy, but their estimate is very, very low.)  Sad. With all those articles he has written about my Tax Reform bill, he must be having a really good month.  Has he sent in his donation yet?  I was expecting 3 bucks from him.  Has he sent it in yet?
Can't make this shit up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Reilly sent a few bucks in to every presidential candidate and a whole bunch to Bernie Sanders.  So it goes.










No comments:

Post a Comment